Silicone grease lubricates O-rings and other seals to make sure that they do their job. It helps the rubber slide and fills in any tiny imperfections that might otherwise leak. We’ve evaluated a number of grease options and we’re confident that Molykote 111 is THE grease to use in most situations. It’s compatible with most plastics, has a wide operating temperature range, and is suitable for general purpose use in water.
This is our recommended grease for:
- O-rings on WetLink Penetrators
- O-rings on Watertight Enclosures
- O-rings literally anywhere in your application
This grease is suitable for food-safe applications, but there are some applications we definitely don’t recommend it for including:
- For greasing baking pans
- For getting that “greaser” hairstyle
- For jobs that require elbow grease
- (These are all jokes)
The grease is available in a 6 g one-time use package or in a 150 g resealable tube, which will probably last you a lifetime.
- 1 x 150 g tube or 6 g pillow pack of silicone grease